Friday, January 08, 2016

Take Your Son, Your Only Son – Yes, Isaac Go And Sacrifice Him As A Burnt Offering


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Take Your Son,
Your Only Son – Yes, Isaac
Go And Sacrifice Him As A Burnt Offering

If your faith and my faith are not being tested right now then get ready a test is coming right around the corner. Think about this. If our lives were easy and if everything always went smoothly and everyday was trouble free then why would we need faith? Why would we need to trust and call on our Heavenly Father?

Scripture

Genesis 22

2 “Take your son, your only son—yes, Isaac, whom you love so much—and go to the land of Moriah. Go and sacrifice him as a burnt offering on one of the mountains, which I will show you.”

Observation

God had promised that Abraham and Sarah would have a son. At 100 years of age Abraham saw that promise come true. Now God is asking Abraham to take his only son Isaac and sacrifice him as a burnt offering on Mount Moriah.

Abraham had incredible faith. Abraham believed that if God allowed Isaac to die he believed that God would bring him back to life!

Your faith and my faith will be tested. It will be tested over and over and over again!

Abraham stood the test! He was a man of faith!

Now how will we do?

If your faith and my faith are not being tested right now then get ready a test is coming right around the corner.

Think about this. If our lives were easy and if everything always went smoothly and everyday was trouble free then why would we need faith? Why would we need to trust and call on our Heavenly Father?
                       
Application

I will trust my Heavenly Father through the trials and storms of life. He loves me and He will take care of me.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, as I read this morning about Isaac and his brother Ishmael I was reminded that the strife against the descendents of these two men will never end until Christ returns to make things right. Help me trust You when I am tested. Don’t let me shrink back when things get rough. I hold on to all of Your promises. I know that You are on my side. 

    Can anything ever separate us from Christ's love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or are hungry or cold or in danger or threatened with death? [36] (Even the Scriptures say, "For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.") [37] No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.
    [38] And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from his love. Death can't, and life can't. The angels can't, and the demons can't. Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow, and even the powers of hell can't keep God's love away. [39] Whether we are high above the sky or in the deepest ocean, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:35-39


   


Daily Bible Reading:  Genesis 20,21,22; Luke 8; Psalm 8, 108; Proverbs 8



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: