Sunday, January 24, 2016

Then He Opened Their Minds To Understand The Scriptures


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Then He
Opened Their Minds
To Understand The Scriptures

Jesus had been crucified. He had been placed in a tomb. And on the third day Jesus came back to life! As Jesus met with his disciples and talked to them about everything that had happened to Him Jesus opened their minds so that they could understand the Scriptures. I pray that as you read your Bible that God will open up your mind so that you can understand the Scriptures.


Scripture


Luke 24

45 Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures.

Observation


Jesus had been crucified. He had been placed in a tomb. And on the third day Jesus came back to life! As Jesus met with his disciples and talked to them about everything that had happened to Him Jesus opened their minds so that they could understand the Scriptures.

I pray that as you read your Bible that God will open up your mind so that you can understand the Scriptures.

In a few minutes I will be teaching a Bible study class and as I was preparing for the class and looking at the Scripture for today I prayed for God to give me understanding of His Word. Our lessons over the next 6 weeks will come from Matthew 5, which is part of Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount.

As I read God’s Word everyday it is always new and exciting. I understand and see more every time I read through the Bible. And I am sure that you do too!


Application

I will ask God to help me to understand and apply His Word.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, today we celebrate the 5-year anniversary of our church. Help this day bring You honor and glory. We praise You. Thank You for what You are doing and all of what You have done. Thank You for all of the changed lives at Christ Fellowship! Continue to bless our Pastor and his wife and their children. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Exodus 9,10,11; Luke 24; Psalm 24; Proverbs 24; Matthew 5:1-12



> If you are reading this simple blog this morning you are an encouragement to me!




> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: