Sunday, January 10, 2016

There Is Only One Thing Worth Being Concerned About


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

There Is Only
One Thing
Worth Being Concerned About


Scripture

Luke 10

38 As Jesus and the disciples continued on their way to Jerusalem, they came to a certain village where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. 39 Her sister, Mary, sat at the Lord’s feet, listening to what he taught. 40 But Martha was distracted by the big dinner she was preparing. She came to Jesus and said, “Lord, doesn’t it seem unfair to you that my sister just sits here while I do all the work? Tell her to come and help me.”
41 But the Lord said to her, “My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details! 42 There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her.”

Observation

What a great reminder for me today! Martha was frantically working and trying to get a big dinner ready for her special guest, Jesus Christ. She was so frustrated with Mary just sitting at the feet of Jesus that she actually goes to Jesus to try to get Jesus to make Mary get up and help her!

Like Mary, I get so worried about details that I often forget that Jesus is to be my number one priority. Not that all these details aren’t important they are, but Jesus and spending time with Him must come first!

It is Sunday morning and the rush begins to get ready to go to church! In all the commotion of getting ready to go to church it is easy to forget to stop and spend time with Jesus.

I can remember some Sundays, when all five children were living at home, fussing with each other right as we got out of the car to walk into church. Are you smiling? You have done it too!

The Devil loves it when we get sidetracked when we get worried and upset over the details and we take our eyes off the Savior!

Application


I will try my best to keep Jesus my Number One priority today. How about you? 


Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is my relationship with You that must come first. I know that in my head but help me to live that truth out each day. I pray for our church family. I pray that You bless Pastor Bruce and Heather today. Guard them today from the Evil one. Use them today to lead our church. I pray for our entire leadership team. Help them to serve You with all of their hearts today. Encourage them today with people stepping up to volunteer to help them. Thank You for what You are doing in the lives of so many people in our church. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Genesis 25,26; Psalms 6; Luke 10



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: