Saturday, January 02, 2016

It Was The Woman You Gave Me Who Gave Me The Fruit, And I Ate It


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

It Was The Woman
You Gave Me
Who Gave Me The Fruit, And I Ate It

Blame shifting! It is a game that we all play! It is so easy for me to blame Kathy for something that I did or that I should have done rather than to admit blame myself. It is a dangerous and destructive thing to do in a marriage, a relationship, a business, or in the workplace. I did it. I am sorry. Will you forgive me?

Scripture

Genesis 3

12 The man replied, “It was the woman you gave me who gave me the fruit, and I ate it.”
13 Then the Lord God asked the woman, “What have you done?”
“The serpent deceived me,” she replied. “That’s why I ate it.”

Observation

Blame shifting!

It is a game that we all play! It is so easy for me to blame Kathy for something that I did or that I should have done rather than to admit blame myself. It is a dangerous and destructive thing to do in a marriage, a relationship, a business, or in the workplace.

I did it. I am sorry. Will you forgive me?

Those are the words that God wants to hear; those are the words that our spouse needs to hear and feel and those are the words that make for a healthy business or workplace.

Adam blamed Eve. Eve blamed the Serpent (Satan). And because of that sinful old nature that we inherited from Adam we want to blame everyone else for our own shortcomings, for our own sin. It didn’t work for Adam and Eve and it won’t work for us either!

Lets “man up” and admit that we are sinners. Lets accept the blame when we do things that are wrong. Lets quit trying to shift the blame to others.

You and I are sinners. Sinners are going to do just that they are going to sin. When we sin we need to admit that we have sinned. We need to ask God to forgive us. Then we need to ask those around us to forgive us.

Application

I will ask Kathy’s forgiveness when I try blame shifting her for my own sin. I will ask her to call me down when I try to shift blame over to her.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have told me in Your Word what my heart is really like. “The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?” Jeremiah 17:9 

I know that I am a sinner. I am constantly in need of forgiveness. Don’t let me try to get away with blame shifting. 23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.24 Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life. Psalm 139:23-24


Daily Bible Reading:  Genesis 3,4,5; Luke 2



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: