Thursday, January 14, 2016

You Have No Obligation To Do What Your Sinful Nature Urges You To Do


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

You Have No Obligation
To Do
What Your Sinful Nature Urges You To Do



Scripture

Romans 8

11 The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as God raised Christ Jesus from the dead, he will give life to your mortal bodies by this same Spirit living within you.
12 Therefore, dear brothers and sisters, you have no obligation to do what your sinful nature urges you to do.

Observation

You and I don’t have to yield to sin. We can’t make excuses and say something like “The Devil made me do it”!

If we have the Spirit of God living in us, the same Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead then we don’t have to continue to live in sin.

If your sinful nature controls your mind, there is death. But if the Holy Spirit controls your mind, there is life and peace. Romans 8:6 NLT

Inside of every Christian there is a battle going on for control; the old sinful nature when in control thinks about sinning and the Holy Spirit when in control thinks of ways to please the Spirit.

I have shared this story before but I will share it again. Kathy could tell it better than me but she is not writing this so I will have to tell it!

Once there was an Indian who had two dogs. One dog was a dark in color and the other was white. They were about the same size. The Indian would take them from town to town and have the two dogs fight with each other and people would bet on which dog would win. And this is how he made his living.

As he traveled from town to town sometimes the white dog would win and other times the dark dog would win. The Indian always knew which dog was going to win and of course that is how he made his money!

One day a person secretly asked the Indian how he always seemed to know which dog was going to win the fight.

Oh that is simple the Indian replied, “It is the one that I feed the most!”


Application

I will read and memorize the Word of God! I will stay away from things that feed my old sinful nature! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, there are so many things that pull me in the wrong direction. Help me to live in a close relationship with You. Don’t let me do stupid stuff. Don’t let me sin. Show me the moment that I sin and help me to confess it and get things right with You.

I pray for my friends who may be reading this blog today. Bless them. Help them to walk in obedience with You. Put in his or her heart a desire to walk in a close relationship with You. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Genesis 34,35,36; Luke 14; Psalm 14; Proverbs 14; Romans 8



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: