Wednesday, January 06, 2016

When Abram Was Ninety-Nine Years Old, The LORD Appeared To Him


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

When Abram Was
Ninety-Nine Years Old,
The LORD Appeared To Him 

God’s timetable – 99 years! When I read the story of Abraham it gives me lots of hope. God has a plan for my life just as He has a plan for your life and that plan will be fulfilled on God’s time schedule and not ours! If God can take a 99-year-old man and do the impossible then God can do the same thing with me and God can do the same thing with you.

Scripture

Genesis 16

When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to him and said, “I am God Almighty walk before me faithfully and be blameless. Then I will make my covenant between me and you and will greatly increase your numbers.”

Abram fell facedown, and God said to him, “As for me, this is my covenant with you: You will be the father of many nations.No longer will you be called Abram your name will be Abraham, for I have made you a father of many nations. I will make you very fruitful; I will make nations of you, and kings will come from you.


Observation


God’s timetable – 99 years! When I read the story of Abraham it gives me lots of hope. God has a plan for my life just as He has a plan for your life and that plan will be fulfilled on God’s time schedule and not ours!

If God can take a 99-year-old man and do the impossible then God can do the same thing with me and God can do the same thing with you. 

The key to Abraham’s life is found in Genesis 15:6, “And Abram believed the Lord, and the Lord counted him as righteous because of his faith.”

How old are you? Are you too old? Have you quit believing that God can still use you? Have I quit believing that God can still use me? NO WAY!

In a couple of months I will be 65 years old! I believe that this is just the beginning of what God is going to do in my life. 

Does it seem impossible? Don’t give up. Believe!

Turn your life over to the Lord right now and let Him work!


Application


I will look forward to what God is going to do in my life this year. How about you? 


Prayer


Heavenly Father, You are the God that makes every thing possible. Help me to believe You and Your Word. Help me to be like Abraham and not give up.


Daily Bible Reading:  Genesis 15,16,17; Luke 6




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: