Thursday, March 24, 2016

An Honest Answer Is Like A Kiss On The Lips


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

An Honest
Answer
Is Like A Kiss On The Lips


Scripture

Proverbs 24

26 An honest answer is like a kiss on the lips. NIV

Observation

I like the way the MESSAGE Bible shares the meaning of this verse when it says:
“An honest answer is like a warm hug.”

Maybe you are in a situation where the truth is in rare commodity. If so then you could easily echo an “Amen” to what the writer of Proverbs is saying about honesty.

Once you start down the road dishonesty, turning around and being a person of integrity is not an easy task.

Did you know that lying is lumped right up there with the worst of sins?

“The law is for people who are sexually immoral, or who practice homosexuality, or are slave traders, liars, promise breakers, or who do anything else that contradicts the wholesome teaching” 1 Timothy 1:10 

The opposite of being a liar is to be a person of integrity. 

How does a person go from “liar, liar pants on fire” to be a person that people can once again trust and count on? 

The person needs to repent. He or she needs to ask God to give them the strength, courage, and boldness to be the person that God has called them to be, and the strength to be totally honest. 

The same God that rescues us from drug addiction, sexual addiction, alcohol addiction, and gambling can rescue us from lying. It is just as destructive!

Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.” John 14:6 

Once we repent of dishonesty then Psalm 25:21 can be a promise for us to hold on to:

“May integrity and honesty protect me, for I put my hope in you.” Psalm 25:21

Application

I will strive to be a person of integrity. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be a person whose “yes” is “yes” and whose “no” is “no”. I realize that I am just as capable as anyone else of not telling the truth. Help me to be honest even when I know that telling the truth is going to cause pain. I know that when I am honest and totally truthful I am more like You. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Joshua 18,19,20; 1 Corinthians 9; Psalm 24, 124, Proverbs 24



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: