Wednesday, March 23, 2016

While Knowledge Makes Us Feel Important, It Is Love That Strengthens The Church


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

While Knowledge
Makes Us Feel Important,
It Is Love That Strengthens The Church





Scripture

1 Corinthians 8

But while knowledge makes us feel important, it is love that strengthens the church. Anyone who claims to know all the answers doesn’t really know very much. But the person who loves God is the one whom God recognizes.

Observation

It is easy to criticize. It is easy to act like a know it all. It is easy to blame people.

But it is love that strengthens the church, the body of Christ!

Finding fault, trying to worry about the speck in someone else’s eye when you have a log in yours, is no way to strengthen the church.

Don’t do it and don’t listen to other people who do!

I caught myself listening to a negative person one time early in my Christian life and before I knew it I was having negative feelings toward my pastor and none of what the fellow was saying was true. I have learned to steer clear of people like that and/or confront them in love when I see that they are on a mission to tear down and destroy.

May I add that you better learn to steer clear of people like that too!

It is love that strengthens the church.

When was the last time you went out of your way to write your pastor and his wife to let them know how much you loved, supported, and appreciated them? Maybe they need a hug from us today!

I very much appreciate and love our Pastor, Pastor Bruce Moore and his wife Heather and their 3 beautiful children. I know and understand just how difficult the ministry is for them.

It is love that strengthens the church!

Application

I am a not a know it all. I will try to love those at church and those in my sphere of influence rather than finding fault with them. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, show me the log or the beam in my eye before I try to help someone with the speck in his or her eye. Give me the capacity to love people just because I am supposed to love them and help me not to expect them to necessarily love me back. Help me to love them like You love. Give me Your Heart for them.

I am reminded of what You said in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

 “Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud

[5] or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged.

[6] It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.

[7] Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.”

   


Daily Bible Reading:  Joshua 15,16,17; 1 Corinthians 8





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: