Monday, March 21, 2016

So You Must Honor God With Your Body


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

So You
Must
Honor God With Your Body


Scripture

1 Corinthians 6 

20 for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.

Observation

The verses immediately preceding this verse tell us what we are not to do with our bodies:

.
15 Don’t you realize that your bodies are actually parts of Christ? …  18 Run from sexual sin! No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body.
 
19 Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? 

You do not belong to yourself, 20 for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.

.
If you and I need a higher motivation not to sin with our bodies then this is it:

Our bodies are the temple of God’s Holy Spirit! “We have been bought with a high price!”

Dieting or at least eating in a way that honors and brings glory to God, exercising at least enough to keep our bodies in good shape, and not involving ourselves in sexual sin all make a lot more sense when we realize that our bodies are not our own! 

Lets stop ignoring God’s Word. Let’s get serious about taking care of God’s temple!

Application

I will exercise. I will eat in a way that honors God. I will allow involve myself in sexual sin. 

How about you? Are you willing to make a new commitment to God about your body?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, don’t let me involve myself in sexual sin. Help me to get my body in the shape that You intended for it to be. Give me the strength, the discipline, and the self-control to honor You with my body. Help anyone that is reading this blog today to do the same. Help us to run from sexual immorality. Help us to keep Your temple clean and well maintained for Your Glory and for Your Honor.


Daily Bible Reading: Joshua 9,10,11; 1 Corinthians 6 



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: