Sunday, March 06, 2016

What Does God Want Us To Do?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

What Does
God
Want Us To Do? 

God wants us to put His kingdom first. Don’t put your spouse first, don’t put your kids first, and don’t you dare put your business or career first. What is the number one priority in my life and in your life? It needs to be Jesus Christ! That is what God wants us to do!

Scripture

John 6

[28] They replied, "What does God want us to do?"
[29] Jesus told them, "This is what God wants you to do: Believe in the one he has sent." 

Observation

Jesus had just fed 5,000 men plus women and children using 2 small fish, and five tiny loaves of bread, which was a young boys lunch. The crowds continued to follow Jesus, but they were following Him for all the wrong reasons.

They then asked Jesus a great question, “What does God want us to do?”

His answer to their question (in an Eddy paraphrase), “Believe in me!”

Everyday you and I should be asking God this question, “What do you want me to do?”

God wants you and God wants me to believe in His Son Jesus Christ. He wants us to become followers of the Lord Jesus Christ!


    "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. John 5:24

God wants us to put His kingdom first. Don’t put your spouse first, don’t put your kids first, and don’t you dare put your business or career first.

What is the number one priority in my life and in your life?

It needs to be Jesus Christ! That is what God wants us to do!



   

   



Application


I will make sure that nothing is taking Jesus’ place in my life today. 


Prayer

Heavenly Father, You tell me in Your Word that I shouldn't be so concerned about perishable things like food. You tell me that I need to spend my energy seeking the eternal life Jesus can give me. Help me to seek first Your kingdom, and your righteousness, because I know that then You will provide me with everything that I need in this life. Help me to be content serving You and help me keep You first in my life. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Deuteronomy 3,4; Psalms 36; Mark 13; John 6:26-40; 



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: