Friday, March 18, 2016

Once I Was Young, And Now I Am Old


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Once
I Was Young,
And Now I Am Old

.

Scripture

.Psalm 37

25 Once I was young, and now I am old.
    Yet I have never seen the godly abandoned
    or their children begging for bread.
26 The godly always give generous loans to others,
    and their children are a blessing.


.
Observation

.

My grandson Louie informed me a couple of weeks ago as we were playing a very serious game of UNO that I was old and elderly! We have had a lot of fun laughing about that comment!

Today I am officially old and definitely quickly moving in the direction of elderly.

I am 65 years young today.

Believe me it is no bother for me to turn 65 at all. In fact, I am very grateful for everyday I get to wake up next to Kathy and everyday I get to enjoy my family and friends.

It has taken almost 5 years for me to get back to where I was before my heart attack. I am almost there.

Looking back over my life I can agree with the Psalmist when he says, “I have never seen the godly abandoned.”

God has always taken such good care of me and He has always taken great care of Kathy.

Kathy and I are so blessed!

.

Application

.

I am going to enjoy today! I am going to enjoy my birthday. In fact, I am going to celebrate all week long! 

.


Prayer

.

Heavenly Father, Psalm 37 is a great Psalm to express my thoughts to You this morning. I know that You direct the steps of the godly. I know that you delight in every detail of my life. Even though I stumble, I will never fall, because You hold me by the hand. You will rescue me because You are my fortress in times of trouble. You help me and will rescue me from the wicked. You will save me and I will find shelter in You. I will trust in You and do good. I will delight in You. I will commit everything I do to You, Lord. I will trust in You.  
(Psalm 37:3-5, 23-24, 39-40 Personalized)

.


Daily Bible Reading: Joshua 1,2; Psalms 37; 1 Corinthians 3 

.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: