Friday, March 11, 2016

You Know What I Long For, Lord; You Hear My Every Sigh.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

You Know
What I Long For, Lord;
You Hear My Every Sigh. 



Scripture

Psalm 38

You know what I long for, Lord;
    you hear my every sigh.


Observation

This past Sunday Pastor Bruce said, “Every one of us has a deep longing. Something that is not right, something that we want to be put back into order, to be healed, or to be made right. There is something that triggers the greatest power of God and it comes from the principle of authority. Authority is the understanding of who has control over me.”

As soon as he said this, my thoughts immediately went to my deepest longing. What is my deepest longing? You don’t really need to know, but I will give you a big hint. Nothing is more important to me than the spiritual well being of my family.

Nothing!

Application

Jesus Christ is the Lord of my life. I am under His control and under His authority. I will hold on to His Promises. I will trust the spiritual well being of my family to the Lord. What about your deepest longing? Will you allow the Lord to have authority over your life?

Prayer

O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I’m far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord. You go before me and follow me. 

You place your hand of blessing on my head. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand! I can never escape from your Spirit! I can never get away from your presence! How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me! You know what I long for, Lord; you hear my every sigh.     (Psalm 139:1-7,17-18; Psalm 38:9)


Daily Bible Reading:  Deuteronomy 16,17,18; Psalms 38; Galatians 2



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: