Thursday, March 03, 2016

But If You Fail To Keep Your Word, Then You Will Have Sinned Against The LORD, And You May Be Sure That Your Sin Will Find You Out.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

But If You Fail To Keep Your Word,
Then You Will Have Sinned Against The LORD,
And You May Be Sure That Your Sin Will Find You Out.


 

Scripture

Numbers 32

23 But if you fail to keep your word, then you will have sinned against the Lord, and you may be sure that your sin will find you out.

Observation

You and I may think that we can sin and get away with it. We can hide our sin from those we love. We can rationalize our sin. We can act like we are just fine.

But…

You and I may be sure that our sin will find us out!

We are sinners. It is our nature to sin.

What God demands and what God requires is that we confess our sin to Him when we sin. Do you remember Adam and Eve and what they tried to do after they had sinned? How did that work out for them?

King David tried to hide his horrendous sin against Bathsheba and her husband Uriah. God sent the Prophet Nathan to confront King David and expose his sin. David then confessed his sin and repented. King David’s life, his family’s life, and the nation were never the same after he committed these horrible sins.

You can drive nails into a wooden door. You can pull the nails out of the door, but the door will show the scars of where the nails had been.

Your sin and my sin can be forgiven when we come before our Heavenly Father in brokenness and humility and we confess our sins to Him and we repent. What God does not do as you and I very well know is this: God does not remove the scars that are left because of our sins.

There are consequences that will follow us for the rest of our lives.

You and I may be sure that our sin will find us out.


Application


I will strive to confess my sins as I commit them and I will ask God to show me clearly every time I sin. 


Prayer

Have mercy on me, O God, because of your unfailing love. Because of your great compassion, blot out the stain of my sins. Wash me clean from my guilt. Purify me from my sin. For I recognize my shameful deeds—they haunt me day and night. Against you, and you alone, have I sinned; I have done what is evil in your sight. You will be proved right in what you say, and your judgment against me is just.

For I was born a sinner—yes, from the moment my mother conceived me. But you desire honesty from the heart, so you can teach me to be wise in my inmost being. Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Oh, give me back my joy again; you have broken me—now let me rejoice.

Don't keep looking at my sins. Remove the stain of my guilt. Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a right spirit within me.  The sacrifice you want is a broken spirit. A broken and repentant heart, O God, you will not despise. Psalm 51:1-10,17

    

Daily Bible Reading:  Numbers 32,33; Mark 10



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: