Friday, March 04, 2016

You Can Pray For Anything, And If You Believe That You’ve Received It, It Will Be Yours. But When You Are Praying, First Forgive


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

You Can Pray For Anything, And If You Believe That You’ve Received It,
It Will Be Yours.
But When You Are Praying, First Forgive 



Scripture

Mark 11

24 I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours.

25 But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too.”


Observation

Jesus is not saying to us just claim it and receive it. I believe that when you and I are walking in a close relationship with our Heavenly Father He will put on our hearts what we should pray for and when we pray for those things our loving Heavenly Father generously wants to give them to us.

22 Then Jesus said to the disciples, “Have faith in God. 23 I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart. Mark 11:22-23

I think maybe what Jesus is saying to me this morning is that me getting things from God is not nearly as important as me loving people like God loves me. You are I are to be like Christ.

You and I have God’s Holy Spirit living within us. The same Power that raised Jesus Christ from the dead lives in us. 

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.        Ephesians 4:32

If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing.    1 Corinthians 13:2

In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered.       1 Peter 3:7



Application

I will try to be more concerned about my relationship with others than I am about my own needs and desires. How about you? 


19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:13


Prayer

Heavenly Father, remind me over and over again that life is not all about me. Keep me focused on the needs of those around me. Help me to be more concerned for them than less concerned about me.

 Since I have been raised with Christ, help me to set my heart on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Help me to set my mind on things above, not on earthly things.  For I died, and my life is now hidden with Christ in God.  When Christ, who is my life, appears, then I also will appear with Him in glory. Colossians 3:1-4 Personalized

Therefore, as God’s chosen, holy and dearly loved, I will clothe myself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. I will strive to bear with others and forgive others if I have a grievance against them. I will try to forgive them as the Lord forgave me.  And over all these virtues I will try to put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3:12-14 Personalized



Daily Bible Reading:  Numbers 34,35,36; Mark 11




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: