Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Fix These Words Of Mine In Your Hearts And Minds


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Fix These Words Of Mine
In
Your Hearts And Minds



Scripture

Deuteronomy 11

18 Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.
 
19 Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

20 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates, 21 so that your days and the days of your children may be many.

Observation

The Word of God, the Bible, God’s Holy Word can be placed on your smart phone, your tablet, and your computer and other gadgets. There are so many excellent translations and paraphrases at our fingertips!

We are without excuse in America for not knowing the Word of God.

Now if we just put into practice what scriptures we do know and if we just walked in obedience and not live in sin. 

Moses told the children of Israel as he prepared them to go into the Promise Land, “See, I am setting before you today a blessing and a curse — the blessing if you obey the commands of the Lord your God that I am giving you today; the curse if you disobey the commands of the Lord your God” Deuteronomy 11:26-28

I don’t know about you, but I have found life so much better for me and for my family when I obey what God has told me in His Word.

If your life is full of drama, hurt, and confusion right now and you feel like you are under a curse rather than a blessing maybe, just maybe, you need to look at God’s Word everyday and strive to walk in obedience making sure that you are doing what God says in His Word.




Application

I will strive to walk in obedience today. I will ask the Lord to show me anything in my life that is not pleasing to Him. How about you? Will you stop and do a quick inventory of your life to make sure that your life and God’s Word line up correctly?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know how heavy my heart is right now for the mistakes and sins that others have made. I can’t imagine how they feel or how they are dealing with everything. It is so totally overwhelming. As I think of them my thoughts go to Psalm 23:1 that says to me, “Because the Lord is my Shepherd I have everything that I need.” Lord, help them come clean with You. Help them repent of their sins. Then help them get totally right with those around them. No cover ups, no lies, no deception. May their “yes” be “yes” and their “no” be “no”. Help me to be a person of integrity. Help me to be an example to my family. Help me to live in a way that makes You smile! 


Daily Bible Reading:  Deuteronomy 10,11,12; Mark 16



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: