Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Mighty Hero, The LORD Is With You!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Mighty Hero,
The LORD
Is With You!


Scripture

Judges 6

12 The angel of the Lord appeared to him and said, “Mighty hero, the Lord is with you!”

Observation


God certainly does have a sense of humor! 

When the angel of the Lord made that proclamation to Gideon, Gideon was hiding from the Midianites! No way did Gideon feel like a mighty hero! 

I love to watch God transform lives. I see it every week at our church. New people come to our church, they hear the Good News of Jesus Christ and God takes and transforms their lives and makes “heroes” out of them. 

They become “salt and light” to the people around them. Lives are changed. God gets the glory!
What was the secret of Gideon’s success? 

As long as Gideon was obedient to the Lord he was the “hero” that the Israelites needed. 

When you and I walk in obedience to what God says in His Word then we will be God’s heroes to those around us. 

Application


I will strive to walk in obedience today. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be faithful. Help me to walk close to You. Don’t let me mess up. Keep me away from stupid sins that will dishonor You. Don’t let me blame others for my weaknesses and my sins. 

I pray that You raise up many in our church like Gideon, mighty warriors, mighty heroes at Christ Fellowship. Help our men and our women to be strong and mighty in Your Power and in Your Strength. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Judges 6,7; Psalms 52; 1 Corinthians 14




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: