Tuesday, March 08, 2016

I Prayed To The LORD And Said, “O Sovereign LORD, Do Not Destroy Them.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I Prayed To The LORD And Said,
“O Sovereign LORD,
Do Not Destroy Them.


Scripture

Deuteronomy 9

25 “That is why I threw myself down before the Lord for forty days and nights—for the Lord said he would destroy you.  

26 I prayed to the Lord and said, ‘O Sovereign Lord, do not destroy them. They are your own people. They are your special possession, whom you redeemed from Egypt by your mighty power and your strong hand.

Observation

Moses had just spent forty days and nights on the mountain with the Lord. It was during that time God gave him the 10 Commandments. For forty days and nights Moses ate and drank nothing. While Moses was up the mountain the people sinned by worshipping the golden calf. And because of their great sin God told Moses that He was going to destroy them all.  

It was at this moment that Moses fell on his face before God and he once again prayed for forty days and nights. He ate no bread and drank no water because of the great sin that the children of Israel had committed. God was going to destroy them but Moses interceded for them and God spared them because of Moses’ and his crying out to God for them in prayer. 

Who needs our prayers? Who are we interceding for? Who do we need to pray for? 

Are we willing to agonize and wrestle with God to see their lives turned around? Do you think God will hear us? Do you think He cares? 

I do. I know He cares. 

I know that He wants me to pray for people. He wants to save them. He wants to see their lives turn around. He doesn’t want them to continue in their sin.


Application

God has put people on my heart for me to pray for them because He wants to do a work in their lives. He wants to display His Power, His Majesty, and His Glory.

I will pray for them.

How about you? Will you pray?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, Your Word tells me in 1 Timothy 2:1 “Here are my directions: Pray much for others; plead for God’s mercy upon them; give thanks for all he is going to do for them.” (TLB) Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. James 5:16 (NIV) 

I want to thank You right now for hearing my prayers. Thank You for what You are going to do in their lives. You are All-Powerful. Nothing is too hard for You.

Daily Bible Reading:  Deuteronomy 7,8,9; Mark 15



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: