Tuesday, March 22, 2016

How Can I Know All The Sins Lurking In My Heart?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

How Can
I Know
All The Sins Lurking In My Heart?



Scripture

Psalm 19

12 How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart?


Observation

Keep me from stupid sins, sins that will completely destroy my relationships, my family, my influence, and even my health. 

Stupid sins lurking in our hearts! How do we get rid of them? How can we have victory over all of our stupid sins?

I am reminded of what Jeremiah says about our hearts in Jeremiah 17:9, 

    "The heart is the most deceitful thing there is and desperately wicked. No one can really know how bad it is! 

Here are two verses I memorized when I first gave my life to Christ and was learning how to walk as a new Christian. 

“How can a young man stay pure? By reading your Word and following its rules. I have thought much about your words and stored them in my heart so that they would hold me back from sin.” 

Psalm 119:9,11

The definition of the word “lurking” is  … “to lie in wait in a place of concealment especially for an evil purpose”. 

Hiding in a place of concealment for an evil purpose … Wow … that is exactly what sin does in our hearts.     

Application

I will confess my sins as the Lord reveals them to me and not let them pile up or let them hide in my heart. How about you? 


1 John 1:9
    But if we confess our sins to him, he can be depended on to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong. [And it is perfectly proper for God to do this for us because Christ died to wash away our sins.]




Prayer

Heavenly Father, how can I know all the sins lurking in my heart? Cleanse me from these hidden faults. Keep me from deliberate sins! Don’t let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. 

Psalm 19:12-14 Personalized



Daily Bible Reading:  Joshua 12,13,14; 1 Corinthians 7; Psalm 19



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: