Wednesday, March 02, 2016

Have Mercy On Us And Help Us, If You Can. What Do You Mean, “If I Can. Jesus Asked. Anything Is Possible If A Person Believes.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Have Mercy On Us And Help Us, If You Can.
What Do You Mean, “If I Can. Jesus Asked.
Anything Is Possible If A Person Believes.

Scripture

Mark 9

20 So they brought the boy. But when the evil spirit saw Jesus, it threw the child into a violent convulsion, and he fell to the ground, writhing and foaming at the mouth.

21 “How long has this been happening?” Jesus asked the boy’s father.

He replied, “Since he was a little boy. 22 The spirit often throws him into the fire or into water, trying to kill him. Have mercy on us and help us, if you can.”
23 “What do you mean, ‘If I can’?” Jesus asked. “Anything is possible if a person believes.”

Observation

What do you mean if I can?

If we are honest you and I approach God in prayer with an “If You can attitude” way too often don’t we?

I love Jesus’ response to this man’s doubt and unbelief, “What do you mean if I can? Anything is possible if a person believes”.

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. John 14:13-14

You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. John 15:16

Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full. John 16:24




Application


“Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!”

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I do believe, but help my unbelief! So many of my requests today are for those around me and it seems totally impossible and I guess it is totally impossible without Your help. So help my unbelief. I am trusting in You. These folks have no hope without You stepping in and working miracles in their lives. But You are a God of miracles. Nothing is too hard for You. On their behalf I ask You to do the impossible and help them out of the mess they have found themselves in. I pray that they put their faith, and their trust in You. May all of this work out ultimately for their good. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Numbers 30,31; Mark 9



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: