Saturday, March 05, 2016

In Spite Of This You Did Not Trust In The LORD Your God.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
 
In Spite Of This
You
Did Not Trust In The LORD Your God.


Scripture

Deuteronomy 1

32 In spite of this, you did not trust in the Lord your God, 33 who went ahead of you on your journey, in fire by night and in a cloud by day,

Observation

You and I are a lot like the children of Israel. What is it going to take for us to trust in the LORD our God? 

For 40 years God took care of the Israelites as they wandered through the wilderness. His presence was visible to them by a fire over the tabernacle at night and a cloud over it by day. He provided food for them every day. Their clothes and even their sandals never wore out. 

Looking back over my almost 65 years here on planet earth and 46 years of marriage and I can say that God has taken care of me every step of the way. He has been faithful even during times when I was not faithful to Him. 

How about you? 

Isn’t it time to surrender? Isn’t it time to let God be in control of your life? 

He loves you. He wants to bless you and your family. He wants to provide for you just like He did for the children of Israel. 

Don’t be hard headed like the children of Israel were. It didn’t work out well for them because of their unbelief. 

Why not tell your wife, “Honey, I want to start going to church. I want to put God first in my life. I believe that Jesus Christ died for me and I want to live for Him.” 

Or maybe you are reading this and you are a wife why don’t you say, “Honey, I want to start going to church. I want to put God first in my life. I believe that Jesus Christ died for me and I want to live the rest of my life for Him.” 

Don’t be hard headed. Don’t be a knucklehead. Surrender your life to Him today.



Application

In Mark 12:37b I also read, “The large crowd listened to him with delight.” 

Tomorrow I will listen to our Pastor Bruce Moore as He preaches about Jesus Christ and I will listen with delight! 

How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are One and there is no other but You. Help me to love You with all my heart, with all my understanding and with all my strength, and help me to love my neighbor as myself. I know that this is more important than any thing else. Mark 12:32-33 (Personalized)
Daily Bible Reading:  Deuteronomy 1,2; Mark 12





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: