Thursday, March 31, 2016

Be On Guard. Stand Firm In The Faith. Be Courageous. Be Strong. And Do Everything With Love.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Be On Guard.
Stand Firm In The Faith.
Be Courageous. Be Strong. And Do Everything With Love. 



Scripture

1 Corinthians 16

13 Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong. 14 And do everything with love.

Observation

Some things in God’s Word are repeated over and over and over again.

One reason I think why God exhorts us to be on guard and stand firm in the faith is because we are in a spiritual battle. The enemy is real. His name is Satan. He knows our weaknesses and he exploits them.

Satan’s goal for your life and my life is to destroy us, destroy our families, and to destroy our influence. That is why God warns us over and over and over again to watch out.

God also tells us repeatedly in scripture to be courageous and to be strong. Why does God need to do that? He needs to do that because He knows us better than anyone else!

And why do we need to be exhorted to do everything with “love”? It is because our natural tendency is to do everything to benefit me, myself, and “I”! We are naturally “selfish” and God wants us to put others first!

If you are a Christian and you are not reading God’s Word everyday then you will miss all of these warnings and you will fall prey to Satan and his schemes. He will, if left unchecked, destroy you and your family.

I sadly watch what Satan does in the lives of people everyday.

A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6:10-12


Application

I will be on guard. I will stand firm in the faith. I will be courageous. I will be strong. And I will strive to do everything with love    How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to stay in Your Word. Don’t let Satan destroy my family. I pray for my children and my grandchildren today. I pray that they would walk in a close relationship with You so that Satan would not have the victory in their lives. Help them to be on guard. Help them to stand firm in the faith. Help them to be courageous and strong. And help them to do everything with love.


Daily Bible Reading:  Judges 9,10; Psalms 49; 1 Corinthians 16



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: