Saturday, March 19, 2016

For The Kingdom Of God Is Not Just A Lot Of Talk; It Is Living By God’s Power.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

For The Kingdom Of God
Is Not Just A Lot Of Talk;
It Is Living By God’s Power.


Scripture

1 Corinthians 4 

20 For the Kingdom of God is not just a lot of talk; it is living by God’s power.

Observation

Talk is cheap! The Apostle Paul was talking to a bunch of spiritual babies when he wrote 1 Corinthians.

They were whiners. They were bad mouthing the Apostle Paul, putting him down and bragging that they were followers of his friend Apollos and some other Christian leaders.

To every person reading this blog this morning and to myself I say, “Let’s Grow Up”.
Let’s learn how to fight the good fight of the Christian faith and be tough.

Let’s not whine, complain, and blame everybody else for the lack of integrity and the lack of spiritual maturity in our lives!

In verse 16 of 1 Corinthians 4 the Apostle Paul said this,

So I urge you to imitate me”

Can I say that to people? Can you?
Am I living my life is such a way that I could tell my grown children, my grandchildren, my neighbors, and all of my friends, “Imitate me”?

Can you say that to those around you?

Does our talk match our walk?

Application

I will strive to live by God’s power this week. I want what I say to match how I live. I want people to see Jesus in me.

How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that the buck stops with me. I know that I am responsible for how I live my life. I can’t blame others for my bad behavior, my shortcomings, or the sin in my life. You know it is always tempting for me to do that. Help me to be a man of integrity and man up when I fall short of what or who I should be. 

I know that I am a sinner. I know that I am not perfect. But help me to live in a way that allows those around me to see Jesus in me. Don’t let me blame anyone for where I am not at spiritually. You have brought godly men into my life to challenge me. I know that they were not perfect, but I was able to see Jesus in them. They were and still are powerful men of God because of their faith and their consistent walk in You.


Daily Bible Reading: Joshua 3,4,5,6; 1 Corinthians 4



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: