Saturday, March 12, 2016

God’s Promise To Abraham Belongs To You


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

God’s
Promise
To Abraham Belongs To You



Scripture

Galatians 3

29 And now that you belong to Christ, you are the true children of Abraham. You are his heirs, and God’s promise to Abraham belongs to you.

Observation

God’s promise or promises to Abraham belong to me because I belong to Jesus Christ. I am not just saying that, I am just quoting Galatians 3:29 and that is what the verse says.

Looking back over the life of Abraham and his wife Sarah I get comfort knowing that God waited until they were very old before they saw the promise(s) fulfilled.

I belong to the family of God. I have been born into it. As the Apostle Paul says in Ephesians 1:3

“How we praise God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we belong to Christ.”

Our hearts ache, but at the same time we have the joy of the Lord. We are poor, but we give rich spiritual gifts to others. We own nothing, and yet we enjoy everything. 2 Corinthians 6:10

Because the Lord is my Shepherd, I have everything I need! Psalm 23:1

For I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power. Philippians 4:13

And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God. 2 Corinthians 1:20 NIV

Application

I am reminded this morning of just how rich I am in Christ. I am blessed. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have blessed me with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because I belong to Christ. You are my refuge and strength, always ready to help me in times of trouble. So I will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea.  Let the oceans roar and foam. Let the mountains tremble as the waters

I waited patiently for You to help me, and You turned to me and heard my cry. You lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. You set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. You have given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to You, my God. Many will see what You have done and be amazed. They will put their trust in You Lord. (Taken from Psalm 46 and Psalm 40 and personalized)


Daily Bible Reading:  Deuteronomy 19,20,21; Galatians 3



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: