Sunday, January 08, 2017

All Because You Have Obeyed Me


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

All
Because
You Have Obeyed Me




Scripture

Genesis 22

18 And through your descendants all the nations of the earth will be blessed—all because you have obeyed me.”

Observation

These two words go together Blessing and Obedience and it is a theme that runs through the entire Word of God, from Genesis to Revelation.

God asked Abraham to sacrifice his one and only son as an extreme test of Abraham’s willingness to obey and Abraham passed the test.

God is not asking us for that kind of sacrifice, but He is always asking us to walk in obedience.

The Bible is full of stories about people choosing to walk in obedience and how God richly blessed them. The choice is ours this morning. What will it be?

The Bible also has plenty of stories of those who chose to disobey. You and I don’t want what they received.

 Application

I will walk in obedience. How about you?



Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is my desire to obey You because I know that You love me. Help me to please You today by the way I live. Help me to make You smile. Help me to guard my heart. Help me think on those things that would please You. I pray for Pastor Bruce and Pastor Brian as they preach Your Word. Speak through them today in a powerful way. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Genesis 20,21,22; Luke 8; Psalm 8, Psalm 108; Proverbs 8






Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: