Tuesday, January 17, 2017

I Am Certain That God, Who Began The Good Work Within You, Will Continue His Work Until It Is Finally Finished …


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I Am Certain That God,
Who Began The Good Work Within You,
Will Continue His Work Until It Is Finally Finished …



Scripture

Philippians 1

Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God. Whenever I pray, I make my requests for all of you with joy, for you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ from the time you first heard it until now. And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.

Observation


God is not finished with you and He is not finished with me yet either; you and I my friend is what is called, “a work in progress”! So don’t be so hard on yourself or on those around you. 

I am amazed all the time and you probably are too at how God suddenly begins to work in someone’s life and we see his or her life radically transformed right before our eyes!

Of course, God had been at work in that person’s life the entire time but we were not able to see everything that was going on. I don’t know about you but for me this gives me hope!

I am praying for people who are very close to me and I want to see their lives transformed. I want to be able to hear them give testimony of God’s mighty power and saving grace. I want to see them walking in victory and not defeat. 

I want to see them living godly lives. I want to see them living lives filled with meaning and purpose!

Application

Whenever I pray, I am going to make my requests for all of you with joy!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am encouraged by these words of the Apostle Paul to pray for others with the faith of knowing that You are constantly at work in their lives. You will do a work in their life that only You can do. 

So right now I pray. I pray for those who are depressed and discouraged and who don’t seem to have any hope. Give them hope Lord. Lift up their heads. 

I pray for those who are sick. Heal their bodies and give them strength today. 

I pray for those who are dealing with problems with a spouse or a loved one. Help them to turn to You for help. 

And I am confident that You, who began a good work in their lives, will continue Your work until it is finished. Amen





Daily Bible Reading:  Genesis 42,43; Psalms 5; Luke 17; Philippians 1




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: