Sunday, January 22, 2017

I Was Glad When They Said To Me, “Let Us Go To The House Of The LORD.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I Was Glad When
They Said To Me,
“Let Us Go To The House Of The LORD.”




Scripture

Psalm 122

I was glad when they said to me,
    “Let us go to the house of the Lord.”


Observation

Is that your reaction when someone mentions going to church?

In just a few minutes I will be heading to Christ Fellowship Church. I am looking forward to getting there and being there with my friends!

I have to remind myself that there was a time when church did not always have that kind of importance to me! When I first started going to church as a teenager it was just to sit by a very pretty blond. God used that teenager over 48 years ago to get me started going to church.

Now we go to church because we want to go, but back then Kathy went because it was a rule in their house and they had to go!

When I was 19 years old I surrendered my life to Jesus Christ. He became my Lord and my Savior. And when Christ became the most important person in my life then going to church made all the sense in the world.

And today I never like to miss! I am so grateful to God for bringing that beautiful blond into my life.

And I am glad when someone says to me, “Let us go to the house of the LORD!” How about you?


Application

I will enjoy worshiping today with my friends. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, this is the day that You have made I will rejoice and be glad in it. I pray for Pastor Bruce and Pastor Brian today. Use them to speak to us. I pray that You empower them with Your Holy Spirit. I pray for Aaron Myers as he teaches our Bible study lesson. Speak through Him directly to us. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Exodus 3,4,5; Luke 22; Psalm 22, Psalm 122; Proverbs 22



> If you are reading this simple blog this morning you are an encouragement to me!



> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: