Wednesday, January 18, 2017

The LORD Is For Me, So I Will Have No Fear. What Can Mere People Do To Me?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

The LORD Is For Me,
So I Will Have No Fear.
What Can Mere People Do To Me? 


Scripture

Psalm 118

The Lord is for me, so I will have no fear.
    What can mere people do to me?


Psalm 18

19 He led me to a place of safety;
    he rescued me because he delights in me.


Observation

Psalm 18 and Psalm 118 both remind me this morning that God is on my side. He is for me. He delights in me!

Think about that with me for a couple of minutes. So here is the lesson for me this morning and maybe this can be a take home for you too this morning: When God is on our side, when He has our backs, nothing or no one should cause us to fear!

What can mere people do to us if God is on our side?

So if at your job they are talking layoffs and cutbacks, or maybe someone has decided to be your enemy and make life difficult for you then may I suggest memorizing Psalm 18:19 and Psalm 118:6 and to hold on tightly to God’s promises and God will get you through. 

Psalm 118

 In my distress I prayed to the Lord,
    and the Lord answered me and set me free.
The Lord is for me, so I will have no fear.
    What can mere people do to me?
Yes, the Lord is for me; he will help me.
    I will look in triumph at those who hate me.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord
    than to trust in people.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord
    than to trust in princes.


Isaiah 41:10

10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
    Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
    I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.


Isaiah 43:1-4

“Don’t be afraid, I’ve redeemed you.
    I’ve called your name. You’re mine.
When you’re in over your head, I’ll be there with you.
    When you’re in rough waters, you will not go down.
When you’re between a rock and a hard place,
    it won’t be a dead end—
Because I am God, your personal God,
    The Holy of Israel, your Savior.
I paid a huge price for you:



Application 

I will memorize Psalm 118:6 and Psalm 18:19 so I can hold on to these promises when I run into difficult people and difficult situations.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to remember that You are on my side. Help me to have the necessary faith when adversity comes my way. Help me to take refuge in You and trust in You and You alone. I will pray to You when I am in trouble and I know that You will answer me because You delight in me. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Genesis 44,45,46; Luke 18; Psalm 18, Psalm 118; Proverbs 18




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: