Monday, January 30, 2017

I Have Put My Hope In His Word


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I Have
Put My Hope
In His Word



Scripture

Psalm 130

I am counting on the Lord;
    yes, I am counting on him.
    I have put my hope in his word.
I long for the Lord
    more than sentries long for the dawn,
    yes, more than sentries long for the dawn.


Observation

It is Monday! Yes, Already!

As you face this week what are you putting your hope in? I can tell you what I am going to do I am going to put my hope in God’s Word.

Why would you and I go through this week not digging in and holding on to all of God’s promises for us?

Crazy as it seems many of the people that I love the most this week will act like God does not even exist! Drama and pain will dominate their week and they will wonder why life is so bad for them and why everything seems so hopeless?

If we would only read God’s Word then we would know that all we have to do is put God first in our life and God will take care of us and He will meet everyone of our needs. (Matthew 6:33)

Oh, if we would just do like the Psalmist says to do in Psalm 130 and put our hope in God’s Word.

Lets take time this week to read God’s Word. Lets make a commitment to the Lord to at least spend a few minutes everyday reading the Bible.

Don’t know where to start? I suggest starting with the Gospel of John, then the maybe the Gospel of Mark, and of course Philippians, and the Psalms. 

Go to BibleGateway.com and you will find plenty of devotionals and reading plans.


 Application

I will enjoy my time in God’s word this week. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for those who may be reading this blog this morning. Bless them Lord. Put in his or her heart a desire to be in Your Word. I pray that Your Word changes their lives as they open it up and read it. Give them a hunger for Your Word. Give them a desire to read it every day. Show them how important Your Word is for them. Give them the boldness to make a commitment to read Your Word every day and as they do I pray that you shower them with Your blessings and Your favor.



Daily Bible Reading:  Exodus 25,26,27; Acts 6; Psalm 30, Psalm 130; Proverbs 30




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: