Tuesday, January 10, 2017

So Pray To The Lord Who Is In Charge


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

So Pray
To The Lord
Who Is In Charge


Scripture

Luke 10

These were his instructions to them: “The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields. Now go, and remember that I am sending you out as lambs among wolves.

Observation

As I read this passage it reminded me of a sermon that Pastor Bruce Moore preached a few weeks ago where he had everyone in the house repeat the phrase, “I am not God!”

It is easy to feel overwhelmed by what we face each and every day. At least it is for me!

Maybe you are at the place right now where you can’t see how you are going to make it. Can I make a recommendation? Pray to the One who is in charge! 

I am not God, but God is my Heavenly Father and He has given me as one of His children direct access to His throne.

I am a child of God and He is in charge!

People all around us are counting on us. They are the harvest!

 Application

I will boldly go to God’s throne today. I will pray to the Lord of the harvest. I will pray for more workers to work with those who do not know Christ. How about you? Will you pray?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that You are in charge of the harvest. I know that the harvest is great and it is ready to be harvested. I also know that I am not God and that I do not have the ability to save anyone, but I have been told in Your Word what to do, I am to pray and I am to share the Good News. It is your task to save! 

Heavenly Father, I pray for those who are close to me who are living like You do not exist. I pray for their salvation. Bring people into their lives at just the right time, at the very moment that they are ready to repent and trust You as Lord and Savior. They are the harvest and I am praying for workers to touch their lives. Do whatever it takes Lord to bring them to repentance and salvation.



Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 25,26; Psalms 6; Luke 10




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: