Thursday, January 05, 2017

Until The Time Came To Fulfill His Dreams, The LORD Tested Joseph’s Character.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Until The Time Came
To Fulfill His Dreams,
The LORD Tested Joseph’s Character.



Scripture

Psalm 105

19 Until the time came to fulfill his dreams,
    the Lord tested Joseph’s character.


Observation

When you squeeze a lemon you get lemon juice.

When you and I get squeezed and tested what comes out all over those around us –it is our character – it is who we really are? I know that my character is constantly being tested.

And I believe that your character is constantly being tested too! Will we stay faithful to the Lord when trials and troubles come or will we crumble and compromise our faith?

Have you misjudged someone’s character? Have you been totally hoodwinked by someone’s dishonesty, by his or her deception? Oh I have!

It is a reminder to me that I am not God.

It is also a painful reminder to me that all of us are sinners and if I am not careful I could do the same thing and be just like them.

Joseph was tested most of his life and he passed the test. Hope that you and I will too!

Application

I want to be like Joseph and finish well. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, when I am squeezed I want people to see Jesus in me. When I am tested I want it to make me stronger in my faith. Help me to react to trouble and crisis in a way that brings You glory. Give me the ability to trust You even when all that I can see is trouble. Joseph was able to see his troubles from Your perspective. Help me to do the same thing. Help me to cling to Your Word and to Your Promises when I can’t see the direction that I need to go. 



Daily Bible Reading:  Genesis 12,13,14; Luke 5; Psalm 5, Psalm 105; Proverbs 5





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: