Wednesday, January 25, 2017

But You Will Receive Power When The Holy Spirit Comes Upon You


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

But You Will Receive Power
When
The Holy Spirit Comes Upon You


Scripture

Acts 1:8

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

Observation

Power! On those dark and difficult days when you and I feel weak and powerless and things seem totally out of our control and things are going against us we need to remember this: that even though we are not God we do have God’s Holy Spirit living within us if we are followers of Jesus Christ and we are most definitely not powerless!

We are not powerless because our Heavenly Father has empowered us with His very own Spirit! The same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead!

And God has given us direct access to His throne every moment, every second of each and every day!

1 Corinthians 4:20

For the Kingdom of God is not just a lot of talk; it is living by God’s power.

2 Corinthians 4:7

We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.

2 Corinthians 13:4
Although he was crucified in weakness, he now lives by the power of God. We, too, are weak, just as Christ was, but when we deal with you we will be alive with him and will have God’s power.

Ephesians 1:19-20
19 I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power 20 that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms.
 
Ephesians 3:20
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,

Ephesians 6:10
10 A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil.
 
Philippians 3:10
I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death,

Colossians 1:29
That’s why I work and struggle so hard, depending on Christ’s mighty power that works within me.

2 Thessalonians 1:11
So we keep on praying for you, asking our God to enable you to live a life worthy of his call. May he give you the power to accomplish all the good things your faith prompts you to do.

2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

Hebrews 13:21
May he equip you with all you need for doing his will. May he produce in you, through the power of Jesus Christ, every good thing that is pleasing to him. All glory to him forever and ever! Amen.

James 5:16
Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.


Application

I will rely on the power of God’s Holy Spirit that lives in me to handle whatever comes my way. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, when I feel weak and powerless, in those moments would You bring to my mind, would You remind me, of all of the great promises that You have given me in Your Word. Nothing is more powerful than Your Holy Spirit that lives inside of me. So I agree with the Apostle Paul when he says in Philippians 4:13, “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.” “For You have not given me a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.” (2 Timothy 1:7 personalized) 

I pray for those reading this blog this morning. Give them boldness. Help them to rely on Your Holy Spirit today. Give them strength and give them wisdom. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Exodus 12,13; Psalms 21; Acts 1




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: