Saturday, January 07, 2017

Is Anything Too Hard For The LORD?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Is
Anything Too Hard
For The LORD? 

Scripture

Genesis 18

11 Abraham and Sarah were both very old by this time, and Sarah was long past the age of having children. 12 So she laughed silently to herself and said, “How could a worn-out woman like me enjoy such pleasure, especially when my master—my husband—is also so old?”

13 Then the Lord said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh? Why did she say, ‘Can an old woman like me have a baby?’ 14 Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return about this time next year, and Sarah will have a son.”

Observation

Abraham was 100 and Sarah was 90 years old when they finally received what they had been promised and their son Isaac was born. When it was physically impossible for them to have a child, God did the impossible and they had Isaac!

To be honest I have some situations in my life that seem totally impossible to ever straighten out and you probably have some problems in your life that are impossible too! What are we going to do about these impossible situations? I don't know about you, but here is what I plan to do. I am going to hold on to these promises that I have listed below and the thousands more found in God’s Word.   

“Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” (Jeremiah 33:3)

“Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray.(James 5:13) 

Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord.” (James 5:14)

 But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!” (John 15:7)


 “You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, whose thoughts are fixed on you!” (Isaiah 26:3)

“Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to you.”  1 Peter 5:7

“Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. [7] If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7

“And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19

Application

I am going to hold on to God’s promises because I know that nothing is too hard for God! … How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that You have the story of Abraham and Sarah and the birth of Isaac in Your Word because it tells me that I can trust You with all of the impossibles in my life. Nothing is Impossible for You! Everything that seems totally impossible in my life right now is possible with You. Give me the faith to believe You for these “impossibles”. Help me to see things from Your perspective. Don’t let me give up hope. Give me the ability to walk by faith and not by sight. I put my trust in You!


Daily Bible Reading:  Genesis 18,19; Psalms 3; Luke 7; Psalm 7, Psalm 107; Proverbs 7



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: