Friday, January 06, 2017

Do To Others As You Would Like Them To Do To You.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Do
To Others
As You Would Like Them To Do To You.



Scripture

Luke 6:38

31 Do to others as you would like them to do to you.

38 Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.

Observation

Kathy just brought me a cup of coffee! I call her my coffee lady! I just gave her a big squeeze and a hug!

When I am reading my Bible and having my time alone with God Kathy oftentimes brings me my second cup of coffee. You see she has learned an important truth and that is this, “Give, and you will receive. 

Do to others as you would like them to do to you.” But here is the really important part and it is where we most often mess up, “Don’t expect anything in return.”

Once I do something nice for someone if I am not careful thoughts of expectations will creep in and I will begin to think, “Well I have done this so now they should respond like this.” Don’t go there! Don’t do it!

Serve others without expecting something in return. It is called Agape Love. God’s love!

Do something today for someone and do it for him or her not expecting anything in return. Make God Smile today!

Somebody needs a random act of kindness! God will bring someone into our path that needs some love!

Application

I will look for someone that needs an act of kindness from me today! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, as I read Luke 6 this morning it reminded me how I should love those around me. Help me to love them with Agape love. Help me to do things for others without expecting anything back in return. Show me today someone that needs an expression of Agape love. Show me someone that needs to be encouraged and lifted up. Don’t let me think only about myself today, but help me to keep my thoughts on those around me. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Genesis 15,16,17; Luke 6





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: