Saturday, January 14, 2017

I Knew You Before I Formed You In Your Mother’s Womb


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


I Knew You
Before I Formed You
In Your Mother’s Womb



Scripture

Jeremiah 1

“I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb.
    Before you were born I set you apart
    and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.”


Observation

Before you and I were born, God designed us with great value. You have heard it before and it is worth repeating, “God don’t make junk”! 

Take a good look at yourself and think about the truth of Jeremiah 1:5, “God knew you before He formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born God set you apart …” 

You many feel like you are junk, but that is not God’s view of me and you. 

I love Psalm 139 that also lets me know what God thinks about me and how He thinks about you. 

Take a minute and read Psalm 139 today when you get a chance. 
.

Psalm 139

 16 You saw me before I was born.
    Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out
    before a single day had passed.

17 How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.
    They cannot be numbered!
18 I can’t even count them;
    they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up,
    you are still with me!

.

Psalm 18:19

He led me to a place of safety; he rescued me because he delights in me.

Psalm 37:24

The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.

Proverbs 3:12

For the Lord corrects those he loves, just as a father corrects a child in whom he delights.

Galatians 1:15-16

15 But even before I was born, God chose me and called me by his marvelous grace. Then it pleased him 16 to reveal his Son to me so that I would proclaim the Good News about Jesus to the Gentiles.


Application


Even before I was born, God chose me and called me by his marvelous grace!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, just as you chose Jeremiah before he was born I know that You did the same thing for me. Not because I deserved it, but it was because of your marvelous grace! I know that You delight in every detail of my life. I know because Your Word tells me that You delight in me!

Help those reading this blog today realize just how much You love them. Show them that they can trust in You. Bring joy into their lives as they draw close to You. I pray for those who are struggling with purpose and meaning and self worth. Show them just have valuable they are to You. 



Daily Bible Reading:  Genesis 34,35,36; Luke 14; Psalm 14, Psalm 114; Proverbs 14; Jeremiah 1




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: