Thursday, January 19, 2017

May The Words Of My Mouth And The Meditation Of My Heart Be Pleasing To You, O LORD, My Rock And My Redeemer.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

May The Words Of My Mouth And The Meditation Of My Heart
Be Pleasing To You,
O LORD, My Rock And My Redeemer.



Scripture

Psalm 19

14 May the words of my mouth
    and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to you,
    O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.


Observation

Verbal abuse! Being mean!

Friend, let me tell you that how we talk to people, especially those who we love the most shows what we are really like!

There is no place for abusive words from me or from you aimed at my spouse or your spouse and especially not directed at our children. This should be our prayer: Lord, May the words of my mouth directed at my spouse be pleasing to You. 

Careless words stab like a sword but wise words bring healing. (Proverbs 12:18 NCV)

Kathy has learned how to respond back to me when I am being mean spirited and verbally abusive. She will say something like, “Oh, so we are going to be grouchy today!”

Her responding to me in a way that lets me know I am being mean gives me the chance to change my tone and my words and lets me say, “I am sorry”, “Will you forgive me”, and “I love you” 

Men, if we want to bully somebody, why don’t we go and bully some guy that is 6’6” tall and weighs 280 pounds instead of being a bully to our wife and kids.

Just sayin’ that Eddy needs to make sure that every word that comes out of Eddy’s mouth and every thought that rolls around in Eddy’s head are pleasing to his Heavenly Father. 

 Application

Eddy needs to make sure that every word that comes out of his mouth and every thought that rolls around in Eddy’s head need to be pleasing to his Heavenly Father. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am ashamed at how I have talked down to Kathy at times in the past and have been so mean and abusive with my tone and with my words. You know my heart. It is just as bad as you said it was in Jeremiah 17:9 “The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?” Help me to control my words and my thoughts so that they are pleasing to You. Especially help me to use words that build Kathy, my kids, and grandkids up and not words that tear them down. Help me to guard my heart. I want to please You with what comes out of my mouth and with what rolls around in my head. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Genesis 47,48; Psalms 10; Luke 19; Psalm 19, Psalm 119; Proverbs 19






Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: