Tuesday, January 03, 2017

The Holy Spirit, In Bodily Form, Descended On Him Like A Dove.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

The Holy Spirit, In Bodily Form,
Descended On Him
Like A Dove.

Scripture

Luke 3

21 One day when the crowds were being baptized, Jesus himself was baptized. As he was praying, the heavens opened, 22 and the Holy Spirit, in bodily form, descended on him like a dove. And a voice from heaven said, “You are my dearly loved Son, and you bring me great joy.

Observation

Ken Smith, one of the guys in our men’s small group that meets together on Wednesday evenings, asked several months ago in our small group about this verse. 

He had come across the verse just like I did today when he was having his devotional time and Ken I didn’t have an answer for you then and I still don’t have an answer to your question today.
And that is okay because I don’t have to have all the answers to every question to be able to trust in God’s Word.

I had a family member tell me the other day that some group that he had been reading about said that we should not believe in the Trinity, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

This group says that it should only be God the Father, and God the Son. Even though I have not yet read any arguments that this group presents I will say that any person or organization that denies the Trinity is taking the liberty to edit out some scriptures to make their claim. And they probably deny other scriptures too!

Do I understand the Trinity, absolutely not, but I do know that is how God has made Himself known to us.

This group sounds very much like the Jehovah Witness who not only denies the Trinity, but also teaches that Jesus Christ is not God, and they teach that the Holy Spirit is not a Person, but just a force.
God is Omnipotent; He is all-powerful. God is Omniscient; He is all-knowing. God is Omnipresent; He is capable of being everywhere at the same time. 

He has decided to make Himself known to us as God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. And I am okay with that! How about you? 


Application

I do not have to completely understand everything in God’s Word.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I do know that I can trust Your Word. It is trustworthy. As I read Your Word everyday I know that it is changing my life because it is alive and powerful. I know that I as read Your Word that You will guide me with Your Truth. It will be a light to show me how to live. It will feed my soul. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Genesis 6,7,8; Luke 3




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: