Thursday, January 12, 2017

Can All Your Worries Add A Single Moment To Your Life?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Can All
Your Worries
Add A Single Moment To Your Life?

Scripture

Luke 12

22 Then, turning to his disciples, Jesus said, “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food to eat or enough clothes to wear. 23 For life is more than food, and your body more than clothing.  

24 Look at the ravens. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for God feeds them. And you are far more valuable to him than any birds! 25 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? 26 And if worry can’t accomplish a little thing like that, what’s the use of worrying over bigger things?

27 “Look at the lilies and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. 28 And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?

29 “And don’t be concerned about what to eat and what to drink. Don’t worry about such things. 30 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers all over the world, but your Father already knows your needs. 31 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need.

32 “So don’t be afraid, little flock. For it gives your Father great happiness to give you the Kingdom.

Observation

I love this passage. I love it when I read it in Matthew’s Gospel too! It makes me want to just camp out right here in Luke 12 and read it and reread it over and over again.

Maybe it would help you today to do the same thing. Matthew 6:33 and Luke 12:31 is the real take home from all of this. God’s kingdom has to be our Number One concern. It has to be our main focus and not anything else.

Our Heavenly Father already knows our needs and He will provide us with everything we need if we will just put the Kingdom of God above everything else.

Businessman and businesswoman this is a great word for you. It is also a great word for the rest of us!

So don’t be afraid, little flock. For it gives your Father great happiness to give you the Kingdom.

So step out and put God’s Kingdom first this week. What step of faith do you and I need to take?

Application

When I begin to worry about anything this week I will go back to God’s promise to me in Luke 12. I know that I can’t worry and put God’s kingdom first both at the same time.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, as I read Luke 12 it reminds me of how You have taken care of me in the past. I can remember all of the times that You came to my rescue. I have so many stories of how You have taken care of me and my family. I know that You will continue to do the same thing as long as I put your Kingdom first in my life. I am blessed. You have taken very good care of Kathy and I. You have shown us that we can trust in You. Don’t let me doubt You now. Help me to continue to put Your kingdom first in my life. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Genesis 29,30; Luke 12




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: