Saturday, January 21, 2017

It Is Better To Live Alone In The Desert Than With A Quarrelsome, Complaining Wife.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

It Is Better
To Live Alone In The Desert
Than With A Quarrelsome, Complaining Wife. 


Scripture

Proverbs 21
19 It’s better to live alone in the desert
    than with a quarrelsome, complaining wife.


Proverbs 12:4
A worthy wife is a crown for her husband, but a disgraceful woman is like cancer in his bones.

Proverbs 19:13
A foolish child is a calamity to a father; a quarrelsome wife is as annoying as constant dripping.

Proverbs 21:9
It’s better to live alone in the corner of an attic than with a quarrelsome wife in a lovely home.

Proverbs 27:15
A quarrelsome wife is as annoying as constant dripping on a rainy day.

Proverbs 31:10
Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is more precious than rubies.

Proverbs 19:14
Fathers can give their sons an inheritance of houses and wealth, but only the Lord can give an understanding wife.

Proverbs 18:22
The man who finds a wife finds a treasure, and he receives favor from the Lord.

Observation

Okay, I know that I am treading on dangerous ground this morning, but Proverbs 21:19 caught my attention! 

Guys, I don’t know about you, but when I read these passages in Proverbs I am so grateful that God gave me a treasure as my wife and not a nagging, complaining, and quarrelsome woman! 

After hearing a woman tear down, put down, gripe, complain, and rip up her husband, I try to remember to shoot up this prayer to the Lord, “Thank you Lord for giving me such a good wife!” And thank you for not giving me a wife like this one!” 

Ladies, look for the good that your husband does and praise him for those good things, even if those good things are few and far between. The more you praise him the better husband he will be.
Nagging, complaining, griping, fussing will never make or move your man in the right direction! 

Here is something to remember and it is the key to a successful marriage or relationship:
God first, spouse second, and me (or you) third! Lets think about that the next time that we want to gripe, put down, rip, nag, or complain! 

By the way men, the same thing goes for us too! 

Solomon who was the wisest man in the world was very stupid when it came to women in his own personal life. His 700 wives and 300 concubines were Solomon’s downfall. 

Application

I will treat Kathy the way that I want to be treated. How about you? How will you treat your spouse?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I agree with Solomon this morning that a wife is a treasure from You. You have given me a wonderful wife. Help me to treat her like the treasure that she is. Bless her Lord.

I pray for those that may be reading this blog this morning. Help them to love their spouse in the way that brings You glory and honor. Show them how to love each other.



Daily Bible Reading:  Exodus 1,2; Psalms 88; Luke 21; Psalm 21, Psalm 121; Proverbs 21




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: