Sunday, January 01, 2017

Let Us Make Human Beings In Our Image, To Be Like Us


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Let Us Make Human Beings
In Our Image,
To Be Like Us



Scripture

Genesis 1

26 Then God said, “Let us make human beings in our image, to be like us. They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground.”

27 So God created human beings in his own image.
    In the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them.


Observation

What is God like? We were made in His image to be like Him so it would be good to know what is God like so we can imitate Him. The best way I know to get to know Him is to be in His Word everyday. 

Why don’t you and I make the commitment to Him to be in His Word every single day in 2017?
The more time we spend with Him the more we will be like Him.  I plan to read the Bible through again this year just like I did last year and I plan to write down something about what I have read each and every day. 

How about you? 

Lets make a commitment to the Lord rather than a resolution and lets keep that commitment for the entire year! I never grow tired of reading God’s Word. 

Application

I will get to know God better in 2017 by being in His Word everyday and spending time with Him. How about you?

Ephesians 5:1

Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am glad that everyday is a fresh start with You. Help me and help those that may be reading this blog to spend time in Your Word everyday this year and help us to be faithful and keep our commitment. I want to know You better in this coming new year and I want to please You with how I live my life. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Genesis 1,2; Luke 1




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: