Monday, January 09, 2017

But Who Do You Say I Am?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

But Who
Do You
Say I Am?





Scripture

Luke 9

18 One day Jesus left the crowds to pray alone. Only his disciples were with him, and he asked them, “Who do people say I am?”

19 “Well,” they replied, “some say John the Baptist, some say Elijah, and others say you are one of the other ancient prophets risen from the dead.”

20 Then he asked them, “But who do you say I am?”

Peter replied, “You are the Messiah sent from God!”


Observation


Who is Jesus to you? Is he just an historical figure? Is he just a baby in the manger whose birth gets celebrated each year with lots of gift giving?

Maybe the only time you use his name is when you get angry and curse at something or someone.

Who is Jesus to you? It is the most important question that you will ever have to answer.

Yes, one day whether you believe that Jesus is the Son of God or not, you will bow down on your knees in front of Him.

There was a time in my life when Jesus was just a name, just someone whose birth gave me an opportunity to give and receive gifts at what we call Christmas.

But all of that changed when someone shared with me that Jesus Christ came into this world to save me from my sins.

At nineteen years old I surrendered my life to Jesus Christ. I asked Jesus to be my Lord and my Savior. I asked Him to forgive me of my sins. And He did just that. He saved me!

Who is Jesus Christ to you? Have you surrendered your life to Him? Is He your Lord and Savior?

Just who is Jesus to you? 


 Application


I will share about Jesus this morning at Mission Tampa. How about you? Do you know Him?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray today for any person that may be reading this simple blog that does not know Jesus personally. I pray that You will open up his or her heart so that they can believe and commit their lives to You. Help them know today Jesus as Lord and Savior. Give them the courage to believe. Thank You for saving me and giving me such a rich and abundant life. None of it do I deserve. I know that I am a sinner saved by Your wonderful grace.

I pray for my sister Bea today. Heal her body. Give her strength. And I pray the same for DuWayne Crofton, John Seale, and Priti Gandhi. Show yourself powerful in their lives today and heal them. You are God. Nothing is too hard for You!



Daily Bible Reading:  Genesis 23,24; Luke 9




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: