Sunday, January 29, 2017

Dear Brothers And Sisters, Pattern Your Lives After Mine, And Learn From Those Who Follow Our Example


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


Dear Brothers And Sisters,
Pattern Your Lives After Mine,
And Learn From Those Who Follow Our Example

 
Scripture

Philippians 3

10 I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death,

17 Dear brothers and sisters, pattern your lives after mine, and learn from those who follow our example.

Observation

These words would seem arrogant if they weren’t coming from a man like the Apostle Paul, but every one of us if we are followers of Christ should be able to say that same thing to those that know us. 

To our children, and our grandchildren, our friends, our extended family, our neighbors, and to those at church we should be able to say, “Imitate me!”

 Here is a memory verse for all of us.

I plan to memorize it this week, “For the Kingdom of God is not just a lot of talk; it is living by God’s power.” 1 Corinthians 4:20

Here are some more places where the Apostle Paul said, “Imitate me”.

1 Corinthians 4:16
So I urge you to imitate me.

1 Corinthians 11:1
And you should imitate me, just as I imitate Christ.

2 Thessalonians 3:7
For you know that you ought to imitate us. We were not idle when we were with you.

Application

I will strive to live my life in a way that others can imitate. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that You want me to live a godly life, a life that is an example to those around me. Help me be the godly husband, the godly father, and the godly grandfather, to my wife, children, and my grandchildren. I want them to be able to see Jesus in me. Don’t let me do stupid sins that would mess up my relationship with You and cause me to be a poor example to those that You have placed around me. “For Your kingdom is not just a lot of talk: it is living by Your power.” 


Daily Bible Reading:  Exodus 23,24; Psalms 14; Acts 5; Psalm 29, Psalm 129; Proverbs 29




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: