Monday, January 02, 2017

He Sent Adam Out To Cultivate The Ground From Which He Had Been Made.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

He Sent Adam
Out
To Cultivate The Ground From Which He Had Been Made. 



Scripture

Genesis 3

23 So the Lord God banished them from the Garden of Eden, and he sent Adam out to cultivate the ground from which he had been made.

Observation

It doesn’t take us long to mess things up! By chapter 3 of Genesis we find Adam and Eve disobeying God and getting kicked out of the Garden of Eden.

The curse of sin still follows us today!

You and I have a choice this week: we can live out this week in obedience and do what God has commanded us to do or we can choose to disobey God and live life this week doing what God has told us not to do.

I can tell you right now before you decide to sin (disobey God) that it didn’t go well with Adam and Eve and it is not going to go well with us if we choose follow Adam and Eve’s lead.

Blessings or Curses … the choice is ours! 

 Application


I will ask God for help to live out this week in a way that pleases Him. How about you? Blessings or Curses?



Prayer

Heavenly Father, as I read the story about Adam and Eve this morning I can see that You are a God of Mercy and a God of Compassion. When Cain murdered his brother I saw Your compassion for him. You have reminded me this morning as I read Genesis 3-5 that even though You are a God of Mercy that sin always has bad consequences. Help me live this week close to You. I don’t want to yield to the temptation to sin. Give me the strength this week to walk in obedience. Keep me away from stupid sins that will mess me up. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Genesis 3,4,5; Luke 2




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: