Monday, January 23, 2017

Because The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Have Everything I Need!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Because
The Lord Is My Shepherd,
I Have Everything I Need!




Scripture

Psalm 23

1 Because the Lord is my Shepherd, I have everything I need!

Observation


If we are not careful we will waste our time fretting over what we don’t have and be consumed with what we think we are missing out on. 

And we will totally miss the truth and the blessing that the Lord has provided us with all that we need! “All that we need” is not the same as “All that we want” 

So when we are getting ready to make a purchase shouldn’t we ask the question, “Is this something I need or is this just something that I want?” 

Just in case you think that I am saying all of this for your benefit, I am not. I spent some time (too much time) last night on the Internet looking at computers. Only because our computers have aged to the point that the new TurboTax software I bought won’t run on either machine! 

So Psalm 23:1 caught my attention this morning to remind me that the Lord is my shepherd and He does provide me with everything that I need! 

It must be a test! Will I trust Him? 

Maybe the Lord gives you these same kinds of tests!


Application

The Lord is my Shepherd. I will trust Him to take care of all of our needs. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that You own everything. You are the Creator. And I also know that You are aware of everyone of our needs. Nothing gets by You. Help me to walk by faith. Help me to trust You.  Because You are my shepherd; I have all that I need. You renew my strength. You guide me along right paths. I will not be afraid for you are close beside me. My cup overflows with blessings. Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.


Daily Bible Reading:  Exodus 6,7,8; Luke 23; Psalm 23, Psalm 123; Proverbs 23


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: