Thursday, July 19, 2018

Be Still, And Know That I Am God!


Be Still,
And Know
That I Am God!
Scripture
Psalm 46
10 “Be still, and know that I am God!
    I will be honored by every nation.
    I will be honored throughout the world.”
Observation
Too busy, so distracted … God wants us to be still … He wants us to spend time with Him.
Technology is not a bad thing in itself, but it can definitely be distracting – God says, “Be still”. Daily distractions like: “Alexa”, “Ok Google”, “7 am news”, “Radio blaring”, “Facebook browsing”, “Tweeting”, “Instagramming” - In the midst of all of this noise, God says, “Be still”!
Carve out each day a time where you can be quiet before God. It might only be 7 minutes, but 7 minutes could be way more than you are giving Him right now.
Find that quiet place and open up God's Word and “be still” and spend a few minute with Him. You can do this! You need to do this! God will bless you when you put Him first!
If you haven't open up God's Word in a while and don't know where to start I suggest starting in the Gospel of John, then the Gospel of Mark, and you might add a Psalm and a Proverb now and then. Once you have discliplined yourself to spending time with God everyday then I would choose a Bible reading plan.
I suggest that you have your “Quiet time” in the same place everyday and make sure that you have your Bible, pen and paper right there in that same place!
Be still! God is wanting to talk with us!
If you need help establishing and maintaining a daily “Quiet time” may I suggest two things:
  1. Google the article “Seven minutes with God” by Navpress.
  2. Watch the movie “War Room” as soon as you can!
David says in Psalm 57:7, "My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed." 
Psalm 5:3
"Morning by morning, O Lord, You hear my voice; morning by morning, I lay my requests before You and wait in expectation."
Mark 1:35
Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.
Application
I will guard my Quiet time and I will not let other things take God's place. How about you?
Matthew 6:33
33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I don't know why, but I know that You love me and I know that You want me to spend time with You. Help me to always put You first. Help anyone reading this blog today to have a daily “quiet time” with You. Help them to make a commitment to be in Your Word every-single-day. Bless them as they put You first in their lives.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 17; 2 Chronicles 28; Psalms 46; James 3

No comments: