Tuesday, July 24, 2018

But Those Who Trust In The Lord Will Find New Strength. They Will Soar High On Wings Like Eagles. They Will Run And Not Grow Weary. They Will Walk And Not Faint.


But Those Who Trust In The Lord Will Find New Strength.
They Will Soar High On Wings Like Eagles.
They Will Run And Not Grow Weary. They Will Walk And Not Faint.
Scripture
Isaiah 40
28 Have you never heard?
    Have you never understood?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of all the earth.
He never grows weak or weary.
    No one can measure the depths of his understanding.

29 He gives power to the weak
    and strength to the powerless.

30 Even youths will become weak and tired,
    and young men will fall in exhaustion.

31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
    They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
    They will walk and not faint.
Observation
Maybe you are like me this morning and you need new strength! Well Isaiah 40:31 tells us where we can find it!
By the way, some of my favorite Bible verses are found in Isaiah 40, Isaiah 41, and Isaiah 43. If you read the Bible a lot then they are probably some of your favorites too!
When you have an extra minute check out these promises found in Isaiah 41:10 and Isaiah 43:1-3.
But today Isaiah 40:28-31 jumped out at me! Right now I am meditating and thinking about this passage and what they mean for my life!
When your health has been compromised like mine has been and you don't have the natural strength that you once had, then these verses take on even more meaning – at least they do for me.
It reminds me of what the Apostle Paul said about his illness, “I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud. Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” (2 Corinthians 12:7-9)
Isaiah 40:28 says, “And He never grows weak or weary! And in verse 29 we read, “He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.”
So maybe like me, you find yourself weak and a bit weary this morning … well God has a Word for us today – it is found in Isaiah 40:28-31!
Lets hold on to these promises as we go through this day!
Psalm 18:29
In your strength I can crush an army; with my God I can scale any wall.
Psalm 71:9
And now, in my old age, don’t set me aside. Don’t abandon me when my strength is failing.
Psalm 73:26
My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.
Application
The Lord is my strength. I will put my trust in Him.
How about you?
Exodus 15:2
The Lord is my strength and my song; he has given me victory. This is my God, and I will praise him— my father’s God, and I will exalt him!
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You are my strength today. I will depend on, and I will trust in You. I pray for those who are struggling with health issues that are far worse than I am experiencing today. Give them Your strength. I pray for those who are dealing with pain and fatigue today. Help them soar high on wings like eagles. Guide them to Your Word so they can find the strength to get them through these difficult days. You understand what we are going through and You feel our pain.
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 40,41,42; 1 Peter 3



No comments: