Thursday, July 05, 2018

Since He Himself Has Gone Through Suffering And Testing, He Is Able To Help Us When We Are Being Tested


Since He Himself
Has Gone Through Suffering And Testing,
He Is Able To Help Us When We Are Being Tested
Scripture
Hebrews 2
18 Since he himself has gone through suffering and testing, he is able to help us when we are being tested.
Observation
All of us are going to go through suffering and testing and the older I get the more that both of those seem to come my direction way too often.
You and I have not been promised an easy pain free life.
In fact, Jesus told us in John 16:33 “that in this world we will have trouble”, and then He added, “but be of good cheer I have overcome this world.”
If you are a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ then you have help when trouble comes. And trust me, it is coming!
Jesus understands our suffering and our pain. He has been there and done that.
So what are you going through … death of a loved one, sickness or disease, a broken relationship, financial hardship, divorce or separation … Jesus is able to help us when we are tested.
Lets call on Him for help.
Hebrews 4
15 This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin. 
16 So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.
Isaiah 41:10
10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
    Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
    I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
Isaiah 43
Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
    I have called you by name; you are mine.
2 When you go through deep waters,
    I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
    you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
    you will not be burned up;
    the flames will not consume you.
3 For I am the Lord, your God,
    the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
Application
I will confidently and boldly take everything to the Lord in prayer! How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You know that many of my friends are dealing with a lot of pain and suffering right now. Help them Lord. Show them that they can call on You for help in their time of need. Thank You for always being there when we need You. You are always ready to help us. Don't let our pride keep us from calling on You and asking You for help. I pray for my friend who has suffered the death of her husband, comfort her and her children. I pray for my brother Rick, who is in the hospital with an infection in his foot. I pray for healing. I pray for those who are going through difficulties in relationships … help them Lord. Nothing is too hard for You.
Daily Bible Reading: Hosea 2,3,4,5; Hebrews 2



No comments: