Monday, July 02, 2018

This Took Place When Michael Was Arguing With The Devil About Moses' Body.


This Took Place
When Michael Was Arguing
With The Devil About Moses' Body.
Scripture
Jude
8 In the same way, these people—who claim authority from their dreams—live immoral lives, defy authority, and scoff at supernatural beings.
9 But even Michael, one of the mightiest of the angels,  did not dare accuse the devil of blasphemy, but simply said, “The Lord rebuke you!” (This took place when Michael was arguing with the devil about Moses’ body.) 
10 But these people scoff at things they do not understand. Like unthinking animals, they do whatever their instincts tell them, and so they bring about their own destruction. 11 What sorrow awaits them!
Observation
There is a lot of stuff happening right now all around us that we are not aware of and we wouldn't even be aware of it if the Bible didn't let us know that it was happening. Principalities and powers in the spiritual realm are constantly at work and it has been that way from the beginning or at least that way since the falling out Satan and one third of all God's Angels had with Him.
The Apostle Paul has told us that the unseen realm is more real than the world that we can see. This world will soon pass away but the unseen realm will go on forever. The Archangel Michael was fighting and arguing with the Devil over the body of Moses … it happened in the unseen realm … and who knows why. I sure don't have a clue.
But I do know this, Satan and his hooligans are at war against us. And his goal in our lives is to kill, steal, and destroy.
The Apostle Paul talks about this in Ephesian 6:12, “For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.”
So you and I have an enemy and that enemy is not our spouse, not a rebellious child, not a cruel boss, not a coworker, not a family member, no it is not them, it is Satan and spiritual powers in the unseen realm.
There is an unseen battle going on right now in our lives and you and I need to strap on the whole armor of God. Prayer is how we put on God's armor!
Application
I will try hard look beyond what is happening in my life and I will try to see them from God's perspective. I will rely on the faithfulness of God when things happen that I can't understand. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, so many things catch me by surprise. I am so slow to see Your Hand at work in what is happening in the world around me. Yet, I know that You are constantly at work. And I know that You are own my side. You are for me and not against me. Help me see things from Your perspective today. I want to rely on Your faithfulness today. I know that nothing is too hard for You. I am trusting You with all that is going on in my life right now. You are worthy of all praise!
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 4,5; Psalms 115,116; Jude



No comments: