Monday, July 23, 2018

For God Called You To Do Good


For God
Called
You To Do Good
Scripture
1 Peter 2
21 For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in his steps.
Observation
It is so easy for us to see what other people should be doing … isn't it? At least it is for me!
This week Eddy needs to focus on what Eddy should be doing and not worry about what everybody else isn't doing, or at least isn't doing what Eddy thinks they should be doing!
You and I have a calling – we have been called to do good works, good deeds, good stuff!
Blaming others is something that goes back all the way to Adam, and Eve … it didn't work for them and it won't help us one bit either.
In your work place do something extra this week … make a difference … go the second mile for your employer and your fellow employees! If they notice, okay, if they don't that's okay too – just do something good!
If we volunteer somewhere … lets do it with all of our heart … lets invest extra time and energy this week in what God has called us to do!
Lets look around and find someone that we can help … someone we can encourage! Lets do some good this week. Lets just do the next right thing!
Luke 6:27
But to you who are willing to listen, I say, love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you.
Proverbs 3:27
Do not withhold good from those who deserve it when it’s in your power to help them.
Micah 6:8
No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
Romans 12:21
Don’t let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good.
1 Corinthians 10:24
Don’t be concerned for your own good but for the good of others.
Galatians 6:9-10
So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone—especially to those in the family of faith.

Application
I will look for ways to do good this week. … How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I look forward to this new week. Help me keep my focus on You and what You want me to do with my time. Show me who needs to be encouraged. Show me what I can do that will make a difference in someone's life this week. Don't let me make excuses. Don't let me be a slacker this week. Don't let me blame or criticize anyone … help me to keep my focus on what You have called me to do. And give me the strength and the energy that I need, to do what You ask me to do.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 20; Isaiah 38,39; Psalms 75; 1 Peter 2



No comments: