Friday, July 06, 2018

Today When You Hear His Voice, Don't Harden Your Hearts


Today
When You Hear His Voice,
Don't Harden Your Hearts
Scripture
Hebrews 3
13 You must warn each other every day, while it is still “today,” so that none of you will be deceived by sin and hardened against God.
14 For if we are faithful to the end, trusting God just as firmly as when we first believed, we will share in all that belongs to Christ. 
15 Remember what it says:
Today when you hear his voice,
    don’t harden your hearts
    as Israel did when they rebelled.”[
Observation
Are you hard headed?
Maybe you are hard headed and you even boast and brag about it! Mean and grouchy and proud of it! Maybe you tell everybody, “It is just the way I am!”
Well being hard headed and being hard heart-ed those are two peas in a pod!
Yes, even a Christian can have hard heart ... remember the writer of Hebrews was writing to Christians.
If we find ourselves distanced from God with a heart harden and deceived by sin ... here is what you and I need to do – we need to turn back to God, listen to His voice, and ask Him to forgive us of our sin.
We need to admit to Him that we have sinned and we need to come back to Him.
I am praying for some people in my life that have allowed the deceitfulness of sin to harden their hearts. I am asking God to melt their hard hearts. I want them to come back to Him.
Do you have a tender heart? Are you obedient to God's voice?
Today when you hear his voice, don’t harden your hearts – so lets make sure that things are right with God and right with those around us!
Application
Today, when I hear God's voice I will say, “Yes” to Him. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, melt my heart. Don't let me be hard headed. Show me when I am disobedient. Give me a heart that is sensitive to Your voice! I pray for those who are caught up in sin whose hearts have become hardened. Open up their eyes so that they can see what their lives are really like and help them to repent. Soften their hearts, Lord, soften their hearts. Break our hearts with what breaks Yours!
Daily Bible Reading: Hosea 6,7,8,9; Hebrews 3



No comments: