Saturday, July 14, 2018

The Lord Is Close To The Brokenhearted


The Lord
Is
Close To The Brokenhearted;
Scripture
Psalm 34
18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted;
    he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.
Observation
Corrie ten Boom and her sister Betsie during World War II were placed in a Nazi Concentration Camp and right before her sister Betsie died she said this to Corrie, "There is no pit so deep but that He is not deeper still."
The Bible tells us that “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.”
If you are going through a time of loss, if grief is almost more than you can bear, I want you to know that our God understands and He feels your pain. My God doesn't tell me not to cry, in fact, our Heavenly Father says that He has saved all of our tears in a bottle (Psalm 56:8).
Our God has also shed tears, just read Luke 19:41 and John 11:34!
Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning” (Psalm 30:5). And when that morning comes, “death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore” (Revelation 21:4).
Let me end this with one final quote from Corrie ten Boom, “When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don’t throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.
I know some of you are going through a very difficult time right now … don't jump off, don't give up … lets trust the Engineer!
Application
I will do my best to be of help to those who are going through a time of loss. How about you?
Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that as I write this blog that there are those that may read this who are going through a very dark time. Help them as they grieve. Give them Your strength as they go through this time of loss. I know that You are close to them. Help them to realize it. Bring people into their lives who will comfort them and minister to them. Help them to hold on to all of Your promises.
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 19,20,21; Hebrews 11; I added: Psalm 14, Psalm 34, Proverbs 14



No comments: